The Aran Islands Express
2020 was a very exciting year for Doolin Ferry Co. Not only did we celebrate our 50th year in business but we also launched a second express ferry into our fleet.
We were thrilled to announce the name of that ferry- the Aran Islands Express!
The naming of this ferry has been really important to us. As it is the fastest boat to the Aran Islands from Doolin we wanted the name to show this off! When you’re traveling with Doolin Ferry Co there can be no confusion, you are traveling on the fastest and most comfortable ferry fleet in Doolin.
With a capacity of 250 passengers it is the largest vessel to operate to the Aran Islands from Doolin. This allows us to facilitate more passengers at greater comfort and give you more time to take in the amazing sights on the Aran Islands. It also allows passengers to enjoy a Cliffs of Moher Cruise upon their return ferry ride to Doolin before continuing along the Wild Atlantic way!
Having a second express ferry is a fantastic way to mark our 50th anniversary in business. It’s also a time to reflect on the dramatic changes that have happened over the past 50 years, both in terms of Doolin Pier development and upgraded boats that service the Aran Islands. We couldn’t have dreamed to have the amazing facilities and vessels that we now have and we will continue to constantly evolve and grow in the future.
How long does it take to get to the Aran Islands from Doolin?
So the real question is, how long does it take to get to the Aran Islands from Doolin aboard our Express Ferry’s?
- In just 15 minutes Doolin Ferry Co will transport you from Doolin Pier to Inis Oirr (Inisheer), ready to explore the island.
- From a reduced 1 hour, Doolin Ferry Co can now transport you and your friends or family in just 30 minutes aboard our express ferry’s!
- Doolin Ferry Co’s express ferry’s have more than halved the crossing time from 1 hour and 30 minutes to a direct route of 35 minutes to Inis Mór (Inishmore). and 25 minutes o Inis Meain (Inishmaan).
What are the benefits of an Express Ferry?
- Less crossing time and more exploring time!
- The speed and size of our express ferry’s create better comfort for our customers – especially on days that may be a little choppy.
- Anti-Sea Sickness technology in the express ferry’s fins. A great comfort for those who still have their land legs.
- Less crossing time also means getting to include a Cliffs of Moher Cruise on your return from the Aran Islands – check out our combination ticket prices.
- Our modern and efficient express ferry’s are significantly more environmentally friendly to our landscape and ocean than previous boats.
We couldn’t have dreamed to have the amazing facilities and vessels that we now have and we will continue to constantly evolve and grow in the future.
You can now pre book your seat with Doolin Ferry Co for the season ahead on our BOOK DOOLIN FERRY TICKETS page and save 30% on your online booking! We offer great value for small groups, families, School Tours, and private charters.